IT’S GONE SO QUICKLY.
Like, really, really quickly.
- The sunshine, obvs.
- You can wear cute dresses and groovy shorts every day of the week.
- Most people I have met are super friendly. Maybe it’s the accents, but N’AW, very nice people everywhere.
- Australians say “hey” a lot after everything. “Good meal, hey.”…”Gorgeous weather, hey.”…”You watching the football hey?”
- I bought a boomerang and I feel like a true Ozzie gal.
- You don’t actually see that many spiders or snakes (thank god)
- There’s a gorgeous lagoon in the middle of the city and the water is super warm
- The pretty beaches
- In the Australian countryside, the stars are SO bright and beautiful
- If you have no money, you can just go for a dip in the pool FOR FREE
- I’m finally starting to get a (tiny) tan
- Every week there’s some sort of trivia / quiz going on at some cool pub
- The food! In Brisbane, there’s soooo many restaurants, cafe’s, burger joints…just anything really!
- You can get McDonalds delivered right to your door
- Ceiling fans are a gift from God
- There’s an awesome corner shop that sells tarot cards and crystal and other cool witchy things
- There’s so many amazing places to explore
- The walk into the city is just insaaaane; you walk over a bridge on the river where it’s surrounded by skyscrapers, boats, and a pure blue sky
- When it rains, IT RAINS. And when there’s a storm, there’s a STORM gurl. It’s the craziest thunder and lightening you ever did witness.
- Christmas is a bit naff over here. Like, where’s my Christmas Dinner at with yorkshire puddings? Where’s the Christmas tunes? WHERE’S THE TINSEL AND PARTY HATS AND CHOCOLATE AND COAL FIRES AND HOT CHOCS AND AND AND ….yeah. I miss the English Christmas.
- Even though the wage is higher here, it’s preeettyyyyyyy expensive. Doh.
- I miss my family and friends *sad face*
- Cockroaches run so god damn fast and scare the living daylights out of me
- Chocolate melts within like 0.2 seconds
- You have to put bread in the freezer straight away which is annoying because I love a good crisp sandwich
- Crisps are like, well expensive.
- The time zone with England sucks. It can sometimes be tricky to call home because you’re both busy at different times.
OH HELLO BEAUTIES.
AAAAH I mean, where do I start?!?!
Did ya catch all that?
Since they were kind enough to send me an outfit (OF MY CHOICE!!!!) I’ve been blabbering on about this amazing online clothes shop to anyone and everyone.
Everything5pounds.com has super friendly AND speedy customer service. After I emailed with my product choices, they arrived within a couple of days!
I was slightly skeptical at first…Why is it so cheap?! Surely it can’t be good quality??
WHAT IF I HAVE TO WRITE A BAD REVIEW?!
But I am more than happy with what I received. They pick the trendiest products from the high street and give it to us for £5 – I mean…can we get a CHEERS TO THAT?!
I love brogues so much. They’re appropriate for uni, work, a trip to the shops…a fancy meal out. You name it and these brogues are ON IT.
The first outfit I chose to go with my bag and shoes, was a pair of cropped patterned trousers and a smart black coat. I teamed this up with my own baby pink top and wuh-lah- an affordable, stylish and Autumnal outfit that I just LOVE.
I’m seriously obsessing over cropped trousers at the moment. They’re so suitable for my “I miss summer and it’s not quite winter yet” feels.
HOW CUTE, RIGHT?
1.) Where did we meet?
2.) Where was our first date?
3.) What was my first impression of my boyfriend?
4.) What was our first holiday together?
5.) How long have we been together?
6.) Do we have any traditions?
7.) What do we argue about the most?
8.) Who wears the trousers in the relationship?
9.) Where was our first kiss?
10.) Who said ‘I love you’ first?
1) Have patience.
2) Have a backbone.
Yep, sometimes you just need to stand up for yourself. Being a high maintenance girlfriend myself, sometimes it just takes my boyfriend to tell me straight and basically put me in my place!
3) Make sure you have your shoes on the second she’s ready.
Oh god, she’s taken 2 hours to get ready and now she’s yelling at you because you don’t have your shoes or your coat on? BIG MISTAKE DUDE…BIG. MISTAKE. Take it from me, put your shoes on that extra five minutes early and your night will be a lot easier.
4) Be prepared for makeup products, clothes, magazines, appointment cards, hair brushes and lord knows what else scattered around your room. And just deal with it.
Now don’t say I didn’t warn you…
5) Compliments are key.
A high maintenance girlfriend will usually put lots of time, money, and effort into looking her best. So a compliment every now and again goes a looooong way. Don’t get me wrong, this definitely isn’t a one way street. High maintenance gals love dishing out the compliments too…because who doesn’t love getting their ego stroked once in a while? And she knows that.
6) Plan around her prep.
High maintenance girlfriends value their prep time before a night out, date, or even a walk to the park. Don’t rush her…and try to plan around her prep time. It may sound vain and basically pretty lame…but it’s not! Not all people feel comfortable without wearing makeup or looking their best, so when they look good, they feel good – and you should respect that.
7) Give reassurance.
It may seem tiring, but offering her reassurance that you love her just the way she is (high maintenance or not!) will do a world of good. This is a no brainer really.
So there’s a few tips from me!
Do you have any extra tips to add to my list?
Take this blog post with a pinch of salt…not every relationship is the same and these are just tips! (not compulsions)
If you are having trouble finding a partner because of your high maintenance…or if you’re looking for love and a high maintenance (or low maintenance) ((or any kind of maintenance for that matter)) kinda girl is what you’re looking for, then check out these cool dating sites!
Good luck on your dating adventure and let me know how it goes!
I can’t flippin’ wait!